Stonegates COVID-19 Information Center
The coronavirus, or COVID-19, has disrupted the daily life of people around the globe, in the United States, and here within our Stonegates community. We are aware of the heightened concerns that is present in and around our Stonegates community.
For the very latest information on how we are responding to COVID-19, including any changes to our operations and visitor restrictions, feel free to visit our site often for updates. We have added helpful information and links to resources on COVID-19 from a variety of public sources.
Stonegates continues to closely monitor the global outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and is taking all necessary precautions to protect our residents, staff and community. We are committed to providing you with the latest information and updates on this page pertaining to our operational response and current protocols. To date, we have had no reported cases of residents or employees testing positive for COVID-19. However, we remain on alert and in close contact with public health officials in the event one of our residents or staff members were to test positive. If this were to occur, we are fully prepared and will work in compliance with our local health authorities and the CDC to minimize any further spread within the community. In the meantime, Stonegates continues to take thorough precautionary measures to support the safety and well-being of our staff and our residents. Actions have been taken in an effort to reduce the number of people accessing our community, and we are providing appropriate social distancing of residents and employees, include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring international and domestic travel of residents and employees and implementing mandatory isolation as appropriate
- Limiting visitors
- Screening all visitors, vendors, and employees according to CDC guidelines daily. Screening is done before they enter resident care or service areas and we are providing handwashing stations.
- Proactively monitoring and screening residents and employees for any illness or related symptoms daily.
- Providing additional sanitizing equipment and stations and making additional cleaning and sanitizing efforts to our customary cleaning services and implementing additional cleaning.
- Reminding everyone to practice social distancing and perform frequent hand hygiene and other infectious disease control methods.
- Postponing group events and social outings.
- Communicating by delivering easy to understand handouts and high-visibility posters in high-traffic locations in addition to communicating through emails, phone calls, and through our in-house community website.
- Provide transportation for medical appointments, grocery and pharmacy.
- Review and adjust staff patterns and schedules to ensure we can adapt quickly to any operational changes.
- Modifying our meal services, providing meal delivery to residents who request it and we have increased the physical safe spacing between those dining in our dining room to avoid spreading illness and allowing for those residents who live alone, the need for limited socialization. We understand that without this physical safe spacing, some seniors may not receive proper nutrition if their routine is broken. Our Health Center residents are dining in their rooms.
- Encouraging our residents to take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
In these challenging times, Stonegates is following the recommendations by the CDC, local public health authorities and civic directions regarding access by visitors to our campus. We know this may be inconvenient, but the health of our residents and staff members are our first priority.
We encourage you to contact your loved ones via telephone or other electronic means.
We sincerely apologize for any hardship this may cause. Thank you for your understanding and support as we strive to ensure the safety of our residents and employees.
Stonegates strives to provide security and peace of mind to our residents, staff members, and all those that consider themselves an extension of our community. We are meeting with our department directors regularly and offering them the latest information and resource material on the Coronavirus ("COVID-19"). All of this information is also shared with our residents regularly.
Delaware Governor, John Carney has asked all non-essential businesses to close temporarily. Stonegates and our staff are all essential. We recognize the disruption and outlying challenges that the closure of all non-essential businesses might cause. We continue to monitor it and work diligently on creative solutions for staff and residents.
Flattening the Curve
The essential business closures are measures health officials have established to encourage people to avoid public gatherings, to stay at home more often and to keep their distance from others. If people are less mobile and interact with each other less, the virus has fewer opportunities to spread. As a result, our health systems are not overburdened by the influx of people seeking medical care and in essence we can, “flatten the curve” of the overwhelming spikes of those needing assistance.